Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thyroid: The sequel

I had my thyroid ultrasound and they discovered that I had some "cysts" in there.  I use parenthesis because doctors are never sure of what anything is.  They sent me for a Fine-Needle-Aspiration-Biopsy.  Apparently the doctors can find out more if they stab my neck repeatedly with needles.  The doctor told me the outcome will be either benign, malignant, or inconclusive.  It came out none of these.  It came back as "suspicious."  What the hell does that mean, you ask.  It means they don't freakin' know.  There is a possibility that it is cancerous, but they are not sure.  What a surprise!  It is recommended that I have my thyroid removed.  But it gets better.  I get to go have another biopsy done, yay!  Obviously they have it in their heads that I love having my neck punctured.  This biopsy will be on the other side of my thyroid and will help to determine if I will get half or the entire thyroid removed.  I can save them the time.  Just take the whole damned thing out.  I think that doctors secretly, or not so secretly, like to make patients feel as uncomfortable as possible.  So, next Friday I , again, get to feel the joy of eight needles being pushed into my neck and jiggled around.  Then, I get to play the waiting game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment