Friday, July 29, 2011

Yoga

In my quest to better my health and mind, I decided to try yoga today.  I am nowhere near bold enough to try this in front of strangers (I can not imagine that my enormous toosh in the air will help others stay focused and balanced anyhow), so I tried it in my living room where only my children could make fun of me.  They did.  To anyone that says that yoga is not a workout; my thighs, calves, and sweat drenched yoga clothes will tell you otherwise.  I may not have been pumping iron or running for miles, but holding a downward dog for over thirty seconds can make your muscles twitch.  The poses themselves are in no way easy for a woman of my "stature," and holding them for any length of time can create gravitational disasters a-plenty.  Even after a few tumbles and some obscenities directed toward the thin, balanced woman speaking calmly on the TV screen, I feel as if I have accomplished something great.  I have a very long way to go before I will be rolling out my yoga mat in front of anyone else, but I am sure that this is a step in a direction that will help me inside and out, unless I get stuck in a pretzel-like position and have to call for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment